What are your responsibilities?
- Monitor computer systems and networks for security violations.
- Investigate security breaches and prepare reports about any damage or continued threats.
- Carry out penetration testing to prevent cybersecurity incidents, employing the latest technologies to counter potential threats.
- Install and upgrade computer security software, such as encryption programs and firewalls, to protect data integrity.
- Train users to employ security products and procedures.
- Contribute to the development of an organization’s security standards and policies.
- Secure both online and on-premise infrastructures, weeding through metrics and data to filter out suspicious activity.
- Find and mitigate risks before breaches occur.
- Generate reports for IT administrators and business managers to evaluate the efficacy of the security policies in place.